Friday, April 11, 2008

Lunch with Jen and the Smithkins!



This is my lovely friend Jen! She is always happy, always giving, always friendly, and always there when I need her! Every year for my birthday, Jen makes me a years supply of the best, tastiest, sweetest, made with love Strawberry Jelly. Or as we call it around here "Jen-Jelly" We ration it as though it were water in the desert, on the 15th of August, in the middle of a drought. When you've tasted it once, no other Jelly will do. We use it on bread, pancakes, ice cream, in and in between layers of cake.


When I think of Jen making me jelly in her kitchen-with all the other things she has to do, with all her kids, and responsibilities- It makes my heart warm. Love ya Jen!!


6 comments:

Jennie said...

Holy cow you are fast! I enjoyed our lunch so very much!! Thank you for our friendship! Love you too!

Tink said...

Happy Birthday! How lucky you are to have friends close:)

Julie said...

Happy Birthday my geriatric friend! I agree with you and the Jen being the best friend ever. I miss you guys! Love ya!
Julie

ALICIA said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! That Jen-Jelly does look like the best jelly I've ever seen. Enjoy!!

Jennie said...

Dori could I get a copy of that picture? It is cute!
Love ya!!

~ One Girl ~ said...

Cool! Jenn-jellie...sounds amazing! What a nice friend.