It was the biggest thing to hit this town since Onion Days! Yes, Payson had it's 15 min. of fame, when Disney chose our mainstreet to film a scene for an upcoming movie. And to make it even better, they were filming a parade scene, so the whole town was encouraged to come and watch and even get a chance to be in the movie!
It took a few weeks before filming, to transform our mainstreet into something worth filming, crews came to paint, and turn the fronts of businesses into other things, (like into a sherrifs office, which is really a insurance business)
Madison was a little more into it than Ethan, who thought it was very boring. (I have to admit, the filming process is not as glamourous as one might think.) In this first photo you can see some of the actors behind Madison, between takes. The second one shows a little bit of "Newt" from Cory in the House. She was most excited to see him, but when he came out they wouldn't let anyone take pictures, but we hurried and snapped one. The last one shows "Arwin" from Suite Life of Zach and Cody. He was the coolest by far! He joked around with all the kids between takes, slappin' high fives and taking pictures. The directors had to keep telling him "Stick to the lines!"
It was fun to see stars in real life, and see that they're just normal lookin' folk like us.
My niece Natalie got a paying part in it, she was so excited, and even got to miss school, I can't wait to see if she makes it in the movie when it comes out Feb, 09.
4 comments:
So do you know what this movie is called or about or anything? Looks fun!
The movie's called "Hatching Pete" I'm not sure what it was about, it was interesting to try to piece together. There was an angry sherrif, a cheerleader with a broken nose, an angry mother and father,(the Grandpa from Gilmore Girls) and a car accident of some sort?? They had a loud explosion everytime they did the seen with the accident, and it kept setting car alarms off, it was funny. I guess we'll see what the actual story's about soon enough...
I thought main street looked so nice when they painted everything and added all the nice touches! Then was bummed when they took it all down! oh well! looks like a fun time, I should have taken Aubrey to see Newt and Mitchell.
Super cool! I love movie making! Also I think it's cool Utah gets so much attention, we have some pretty cool stuff going on here!
Post a Comment